Friday, November 7, 2008

Another exciting book sale

These pictures are in the opposite order I wanted them, but can't seem to correct that without wasting too much time. This is one of my favorite pictures of Daryl (for the moment). He loves to get his picture taken, but I have learned if I don't sit him in a chair, he will crawl up to me and try to grab the camera from me.
Members get their hands stamped in order to let them into the book sale.

Waiting in line. We got there at 11:45 for the 3pm sale. It was chilly and rainy. Little Daryl and I spent most of the time in the car. We were about 10th in line. Daryl met a few other people who also have a passion for theology books (one attends CIU with Daryl and is in his class). Two of the theology people are also married to nurses.


Daryl considers this day as important as (if not more than) Christmas. It takes us about an hour to spend about $100. The spring sale (it is a semi-annual sale) tends to have a better selection. Some of the books become Christmas gifts, some get sold on e-bay, and most are added to our growing library.



No comments: